In the United States, the holiday of Mother’s Day was first celebrated in 1908. The occasion honors the mothers in your life: the mother of your children, your mom or stepmom, or perhaps a grandmother. In more modern times, the day has also become a general celebration of women who have influenced your life, such as aunts or family friends. Whomever you recognize this Mother’s Day, count on Fresh Thyme for flowers, cakes, and delicious ready-to-go meals to mark the occasion. We also have ideas to make the day memorable!
How does creating a personalized charcuterie board sound? While the term “charcuterie” implies cured meats such as salami, cheeses, and crackers, Fresh Thyme goes beyond the typical with three options to explore: a brunch board for the family, a dessert board for two, and a pampering board just for her. (Or go for all three and spend the entire day honoring your very special someone!) Tailored to your family’s preferences and with help from Fresh Thyme, these gift boards are easy to build and even lovelier to receive. Let us show you how.
Relaxing Bath Board—Just for Her
Relaxing Bath Board—Just for Her
Moms need quality time alone, and the assortment of bath products shown here will encourage her to relax. Fresh Thyme recommends these fine products:
- Urbana Spa Privé Sponge. A soft sponge to pamper skin.
- The Seaweed Bath Co. Soaps. Natural soaps to relax and detox.
- Winged facial supplies. Luxurious treatments containing CBD oil to quench thirsty skin.
- Aura Cacia Essential Oils. Favorite scents for aromatherapy and skincare.
- SunLeaf Natural Pillar Candle. Pure scents to create an oasis of calm during bath time.
- Celestial Seasonings Tea. A selection of favorites to balance her day.
Savory Brunch Board—Kids Included
For moms with young kids, Mother’s Day often means breakfast in bed for the honoree. Let older children help in cooking sausages or bacon; younger kids can pour juice, make toast or warm waffles, or put a flower in a vase. Adjusted to suit your group, this assortment can be prepared for breakfast or brunch and enjoyed by the whole family. The board shown features some Fresh Thyme favorites, including:
- Van’s Waffles. These readymade waffles include gluten-free, whole-grain, and other options. Plan for 1 or 2 per person.
- Wholesome! Syrup. This pancake syrup is made with organic cane sugar; Wholesome! also offers blue agave syrups.
- Pederson’s Natural Farms Bacon. Made from humanely raised pork without antibiotics or growth stimulants, this breakfast meat is minimally processed with no unnecessary ingredients. For only bacon for this board, serve 2 to 3 strips per person; serve 1 to 2 strips if you include sausages.
- Gilbert’s Sausages. These all-natural chicken sausages, in a variety of flavors, are individually wrapped and easy to prepare the right amount. We suggest one sausage per person.
- Fresh Thyme baguette. The Bakery Department at Fresh Thyme carries freshly made bread. A baguette is ideal to pair with smoked salmon; one baguette should serve 4.
- Regal Smoked Salmon. Available in four flavors, plan on about 2 servings per each 3.5-ounce package.
- Organic Valley Eggs. Scrambled, hard- or soft-boiled, or prepared your favorite method, eggs are a savory protein addition to this repast. For an egg-free version, try Just Egg in a vegan scramble. Prepare 1 to 2 eggs per person.
- Fresh Thyme fruit, such as pears and assorted berries. The Produce Department at Fresh Thyme has a delicious selection of fruit to add a bit of sweetness to this savory brunch board.
- Fresh Thyme juices and blends. The Juicery at Fresh Thyme freshly prepares juices and blends that are not pasteurized, which helps preserve the nutrients found in each juice. Find an assortment for the entire family to enjoy.
Indulgent Dessert Board—For Two
After kids are in bed, show appreciation to the love of your life. Whether you serve a decadent dessert board late on Mother’s Day or save it for another day, she’ll feel cherished. For complementary tastes, gather the ingredients on this board—or substitute favorites from the aisles at Fresh Thyme. This extravagance includes:
- Fresh Thyme fruit, such as pears and assorted berries. Produce on the brunch board serve equally well for dessert—paired with dipping sauces for two.
- Justin’s Peanut Butter. With only two ingredients—dry roasted peanuts and palm oil—this spread has just a hint of sweetness.
- Bonne Maman Preserves. Available in an array of flavors for you to choose ones that tempt your loved one’s palate.
- Nutella. Classic cocoa-and-hazelnut dessert spread is a sweet addition to this board.
- Fresh Thyme nuts, such as pistachios, walnuts, and almonds. Available in the Fresh Thyme Bulk Department for you to select the quantities you desire.
- Fresh Thyme Brie cheese. The Deli & Cheese Department boasts a variety of delicious cheeses. Brie complements this selection well.
- Fresh Thyme Strudelbites and other pastries. The Bakery Department creates miniature strudels in several flavors; each tiny pastry is a sweet bite or two.
- Mini bottles of Prosecco. For festive moments, add Prosecco to the collection. A mini 187ml bottle will fill two small glasses or one large glass.
Build a Board with Help from Fresh Thyme
We hope these suggestions inspire you to create the ideal board this Mother’s Day. While you’re at Fresh Thyme making selections, also consider other women in your life who deserve special attention. The Natural Living Department carries more than 5,000 vitamins and supplements, including protein powders, probiotics, medicinal herbs, collagen powders, and CBD oil supplements. Our knowledgeable staff can help you select an assortment for Mother’s Day gifts. For grandmothers, stepmothers, aunts, or close family friends, we are here to help you give your best!