Updates and Coronavirus Response
Updated May 26, 2021
At Fresh Thyme, we’re instinctively guided by our values and our commitment to community, to make the right decisions for our customers, our neighbors and each other. As we all continue to adjust to the impact the coronavirus has had on our daily lives, we want you to know that as a part of your community, we’re here for you.
- Of course, our primary focus is to provide a safe environment for our customers and team members. This includes the continuous cleaning and sanitization of our stores and ensuring we’re practicing social distancing. In order to ensure that appropriate social distancing is followed in our stores, in some cases, we may limit the number of shoppers in the store at any given time. We ask our customers to limit the number of people on each trip. Please look for and follow the instructions posted at the stores.
- The CDC defines Social Distancing as maintaining 6 feet in distance from others whenever possible. Please keep at least a shopping cart’s length between you and the next person in line. When waiting at: the service Meat/Seafood case, the Deli counter or Juice Bar, please use the Social Distancing Floor Decals to ensure proper distance between customers.
- We have added plexiglass shields at our checkouts as an additional precaution for both our team members and our customers.
- Please feel free to use the sanitizing wipes available for your safety and convenience. We ask that you take no more than 2 wipes to ensure that we can maintain supply to benefit everyone.
- Fully-vaccinated customers may shop without a face covering at Fresh Thyme locations where allowed under state or local law. Non-vaccinated customers must continue to wear a face covering while shopping in our stores, except where medical conditions prevent them from wearing one. Our team members will still be required to wear face coverings while we evaluate regulatory requirements. For our customers who choose not to shop in store, Fresh Thyme offers grocery delivery services through Instacart and Shipt. Delivery is not available in all zip codes, please check for availability.
- As a precaution, we have decided to close our café areas and water fountains until further notice.
- We are temporarily asking our customers to refrain from using their own reusable bags or bulk containers. We continue to offer single-use plastic and paper bag options.
- We have temporarily removed all Natural Living tester products. Please do not open/test/sample any product.
- We have temporarily discontinued the use of our self-serve Salad Bar, Olive & Antipasti Bar, Honey & Syrup Dispensers, Bulk Oils & Vinegar Dispensers, Nut Butter Grinders, Bread Slicers, Pastry Cases, and Oat Grinders. Some store policies may vary based on local and state ordinances. Please check with your local store for your store’s specific policies.
- Please process milk bottle returns at an available check stand. Based on state government guidance and in the interest of our customers’ safety, we will not be accepting any bottle returns in Michigan or Iowa until further notice.
- We care for our team members and want them to feel confident staying home if they don’t feel well. In addition, we are conducting daily health screenings & temperature checks of team members as they arrive at the store and are providing them with masks & gloves to use while they are at work. We are now requiring all team members in all of our locations to wear a mask or facial covering, and informing vendors and contractors of government-mandated facial covering requirements where applicable, and otherwise encouraging vendors and contractors to similarly wear masks or facial coverings consistent with Fresh Thyme policy. Team members wearing gloves or masks are not signs that those team members are symptomatic for COVID-19. We value the dedication of our team members in their efforts serving the communities and we are trying to make every accommodation we can under the circumstances. We have several programs to support them, many of which have been in place for some time. These include:
- A pay continuation program that allows those who are quarantined or who test positive for COVID-19 to stay home with pay.
- Free online COVID-19 screenings from a board-certified doctor for all team members.
- A backup care reimbursement program to offset the unexpected costs of unplanned care for children or adults.