Updates and Coronavirus Response
Updated April 27, 2020
At Fresh Thyme, we’re instinctively guided by our values and our commitment to community, to make the right decisions for our customers, our neighbors and each other. As we all continue to adjust to the impact the coronavirus has had on our daily lives, we want you to know that as a part of your community, we’re here for you.
Hours of Operation
- Fresh Thyme Stores: Starting Sunday, March 22nd, Fresh Thyme Farmers Market began serving all customers with slightly reduced hours – currently from 7 am – 9 pm daily. The reduced hours allows for additional cleaning, sanitation and restocking of key items.
Designated Shopping Hours
- For our customers over the age of 60 and customers who may have a compromised immune system, Fresh Thyme will be open exclusively for you to shop between 6 am – 7 am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- For our customers who are healthcare personnel, first responders and law enforcement, Fresh Thyme will be open exclusively for you to shop between 6 am – 7 am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We ask that you please present your professional ID to enter.
- At Fresh Thyme, our entire team is working to ensure the availability of products across our stores; however, we are experiencing unprecedented demand for key products and must place purchasing limits on some products. Based on the recent increased demand, please limit your purchases on the following items to help ensure all customers have an opportunity to purchase what they need.
- Toilet Paper – 2 Package Limit
- Fresh Thyme Spring & Purified Water – 2 Package Limit
- Meat – 2 Package Limit of Any One Type
- Produce – 2 Package Limit of Any One Type of Potatoes, Onions, or Carrots
- Hand Sanitizer – 4 Item Limit
- Due to significant increased demand on key products we have suspended our Double Ad Day program as we cannot guarantee to be in stock on key items. Our team members are working to address any inventory issues and we appreciate your patience as we do our best to keep our shelves stocked for you and your families.
- Due to the impact of the coronavirus, as a precaution we are temporarily unable to accept product returns or exchanges at this time. Please see a member of your local store’s Management Team to address any quality concerns. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
- As a precaution, we have decided to close our café areas and water fountains until further notice.
- We are temporarily asking our customers to refrain from using their own reusable bags or bulk containers. We continue to offer single-use plastic and paper bag options.
- We have temporarily suspended all bulk water dispensing until further notice.
- We have temporarily removed all Natural Living tester products. Please do not open/test/sample any product.
- We have temporarily discontinued the use of our self-serve Salad Bar, Olive & Antipasti Bar, Honey & Syrup Dispensers, Bulk Oils & Vinegar Dispensers, Nut Butter Grinders, Bread Slicers, Pastry Cases, and Oat Grinders. Based on state government guidance, we have temporarily discontinued the use of our self-serve Bulk Dispensers in Illinois or Wisconsin until further notice. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please see a Fresh Thyme team member who will be happy to help you.
- Please process milk bottle returns at an available check stand. Based on state government guidance and in the interest of our customers’ safety, we will not be accepting any bottle returns in Michigan or Iowa until further notice.
- We care for our team members and want them to feel confident staying home if they don’t feel well. In addition, we are conducting daily health screenings & temperature checks of team members as they arrive at the store and are providing them with masks & gloves to use while they are at work. We are now requiring all team members in all of our locations to wear a mask or facial covering, and informing vendors and contractors of government-mandated facial covering requirements where applicable, and otherwise encouraging vendors and contractors to similarly wear masks or facial coverings consistent with Fresh Thyme policy. Team members wearing gloves or masks are not signs that those team members are symptomatic for COVID-19. We value the dedication of our team members in their efforts serving the communities and we are trying to make every accommodation we can under the circumstances. We have several programs to support them, many of which have been in place for some time. These include:
- A pay continuation program that allows those who are quarantined or who test positive for COVID-19 to stay home with pay.
- Free online COVID-19 screenings from a board-certified doctor for all team members.
- A backup care reimbursement program to offset the unexpected costs of unplanned care for children or adults.
- Of course, our primary focus is to provide a safe environment for our customers and team members. This includes the continuous cleaning and sanitization of our stores and ensuring we’re practicing social distancing. In order to ensure that appropriate social distancing is followed in our stores, in some cases, we may limit the number of shoppers in the store at any given time. We ask our customers to limit the number of people on each trip. Please look for and follow the instructions posted at the stores.
- The CDC defines Social Distancing as maintaining 6 feet in distance from others whenever possible. Please keep at least a shopping cart’s length between you and the next person in line. When waiting at: the service Meat/Seafood case, the Deli counter or Juice Bar, please use the Social Distancing Floor Decals to ensure proper distance between customers.
- We have added plexiglass shields at our checkouts as an additional precaution for both our team members and our customers.
- Please feel free to use the sanitizing wipes available for your safety and convenience. We ask that you take no more than 2 wipes to ensure that we can maintain supply to benefit everyone.